The well-being program for State of Oklahoma employees has evolved. As of January 2016, we are no longer OKHealth. We have rebranded ourselves to better reflect our values, goals, vision and programs. We are now Thrive. Thrive is not only the name but also the inspiration behind the new employee well-being program. Our vision is for every employee to thrive in their lives and for their well-being to be valued.
Thrive’s mission is to empower State of Oklahoma employees to be fearless, fulfilled, valued and engaged at work and in life. We are passionate about well-being, organizational culture, state employees and our community. We are fun and find enjoyment in our days while we develop high-quality work that is useful.
Thrive provides state employees and their families with information and opportunities to learn, grow and enrich their lives for the better. We work toward empowering state agencies to create a positive and flexible environment for employees and leaders.
It’s our journey and our promise to help the State of Oklahoma cultivate excellence and, in short, Thrive.
To empower State of Oklahoma employees to be valued, engaged, and productive, Thrive stands behind six, essential elements:
- Career/Purpose – having a sense of purpose and simply enjoying what you do every day.
- Social – having quality relationships in your life.
- Financial – feeling financially secure and managing your economic life.
- Physical – having good health and enough physical energy to get important things done each day.
- Community – having a sense of engagement and connectedness with the area where you live.
- Emotional – being resilient and having enough mental energy to get important things done each day.
These five elements (plus one addition our team made) are based on research conducted by Gallup and the bestselling book, Wellbeing: The Five Essential Elements by Tom Rath and Jim Harter. Thrive takes a more holistic approach to health and well-being and what contributes to our well-being over our lifespan.
Who We Serve
Thrive’s number one goal is to meet the needs of state employees where they are. This means creating programs, classes and tools that are of use to our target audience – state and education employees of the great state of Oklahoma. Our services are also available to dependents of these employees.